LiveBox2 is transparent chamber, developed to model physiological barriers (e.g. lung and intestinal epithelium) in-vitro. LB2 is designed for inter-connected dynamic cell cultures and is equipped with two flow inlets and outlets, and a holder to house a porous membrane. The clamp system provided with the LB2 assures the watertight closure of the system in both static and dynamic conditions (up to 0.5 mL/min in apical or basal compartments).
|Wet volume [mL]||1.5|
|Interface conditions||ALI, LLI|
|Suggested membrane diameter [mm]||25|
|Suggested membrane thickness [mm]||Up to 0.1|
- The system is designed to reproduce the typical surface of a 12 transwell.
- The removable transparent glass bottom allows for:
- Live imaging during static/dynamic culture, i.e. in situ imaging of the three-dimensional culture environment using optical microscopy.
- The removable holder system allows for:
- Housing of a porous membrane
- Easy and safe handling of the membrane where cells are seeded
- Post culture imaging including staining procedures or any other sample processing. After disassembling the LB2, the holder system supporting the cultivated cell monolayer or 3D construct can be easily removed from the bottom part and used for further investigations and analysis.
- Modularity: LB2 can be connected with other cell culture systems in order to mimic cross talk between tissues (multi organ simulation).
Product configurationLB2 can be used to implement model in two different configurations:
- Tangential flows configuration, suitable for physiological barriers simulation. The apical and basal chambers are perfused by 2 different and independent flows. The flow lines are parallel to the membrane surface.
- Perfusion flow configuration, suitable for 3D cells construct perfusion. The flow lines cross the cells construct in vertical direction. Two sub-configurations can be implemented, basing on the flow direction: top-down or down-top configurations.
LB2 kitThe LB2 kit is composed of:
- 1 LB2 equipped with glass discs
- 1 clamp systems
- PDMS tubes, luer lock connectors and 2 mixing chambers to realize two fluidic circuits
- 1 extractor
NoteCompatible with commercial pumps, such as the LiveFlow (not included in the kit).
More informationFor technical information, please contact us.
To request a quote, please contact our distributors.